Meaway Security Training Academy (MSTA) is a California Bureau of Security and
Investigative Services (BSIS) licensed Firearms Training Facility.
MSTA was founded August 2011 by Mr. Paul I. Meaway, with the business objective to
provide California required Security Guard (G) Skills Training, Firearm Qualification (FQ)
Skills Training, Proprietary Private Security Officer (PSO) Skills Training and other Private
Security related Training Courses to the following individuals:
1. BSIS License Applicants.
2. Meaway Security Services Job Applicants and Employees.
3. Employees and/or Job Applicants of other Private Security Employers.
BENEFITS FOR TRAINING WITH US:
1. We provide hands-on training per AB2880, SB194 and B&PC 7585, etc., in compliance with
BSIS Laws, Rules and Regulations.
2. Our Trainers and Instructors are licensed by BSIS and consists of Former and Active
Peace Officers with extensive experience in both private and public law enforcement
3. Training is conducted, utilizing BSIS issued updated Training Manuals, DVDs and other
Approved Training Manuals and DVDs.
4. All students are trained and treated equally, regardless of gender, national origin, race,
sexual preference, religious preference, or passed criminal history.
5. Each graduate is issued Certificate of Training.
6. Each graduate is provided with viable employment leads, upon receiving his or her License
NO SHORT-CUT TRAINING ACTIVITY AT MSTA!
If Seeking Guard Card ‘ONLY’ Training, please be prepared to complete the required initial 8-
hour of Security Guard (G) Skills Training, with a passing score of 100%.
If seeking PSO Card ‘ONLY’ Training, please be prepared to complete the required initial 8-
hour of Proprietary Private Security Officer (PSO) Skills Training, with a passing score
If seeking BSIS Permit for Exposed Firearm, please be prepared to complete the required
initial 14-hour of Firearms Qualification (FQ) Training, with a minimum passing scores as
follow: 8-hour Classroom Training Session, 80%; 6-hour Firearm Range Training Session,
To participate in our Firearm Training Program, please bring your BSIS Active Guard Card,
etc. If you do not have a Guard Card or any other Active BSIS License, be prepared to
register for both Power to Arrest and Firearm Qualification Training Courses.
Training Hours: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Days: Monday thru Saturday.
Closed: Sunday and Federal Holiday.
Phone: (323) 389-8778
Fax: (323) 389-8797
Cell: (213) 909-2701